Car park charter
In partnership with the local business communities we will undertake to:
- gain the 'Secure Car Park award' for all car parks
- gain the 'ParkMark award' for all car parks
- establish the safety and security of customers, their vehicles and possessions as a key priority
- reduce levels of crime within the car parks through accurately recording any such incidents and introduce preventative actions in conjunction with local crime prevention officers.
- monitor the car parks with either closed circuit television, or patrol staff or both. Patrols of each car park in Staines-upon-Thames will be made twice daily.
- provide customer service points to enable quick and easy access to car park personnel during the charging period. Where service points are not available a telephone number to contact response personnel will be displayed. Calls made to this service will be actioned within five minutes of receipt.
- remove graffiti in accordance with our graffiti cleaning squad service contract.
- provide an ongoing staff-training programme in car park management and customer service.
- car parks will be cleaned on a daily basis excluding Sundays
- 95% of lights are working as required at all times subject to any planned building or lighting maintenance work. Light bulb failures will be repaired within four days of notification.
- lift emergencies will be attended to within three minutes of the alarm being raised. Lifts that are placed out of order will be repaired in accordance with the lift operator's maintenance agreement. The car parks management will closely monitor this agreement.
- minor ticket machine malfunctions will be repaired within two hours. Others will be repaired within 24 hours. (this excludes major repairs).
- parking charges will be reviewed on an annual basis to ensure that they represent value for money and that they are in line with car parks elsewhere.
- season tickets will be issued within five days of receipt of a valid application.
- any complaints about the car parks or the car park operations will be actioned within five days and will be dealt with in accordance with the Council's published complaints procedure.
- we will report vehicles not displaying current and valid DVLA tax discs.
- all customers will be kept informed about matters affecting the car parks either in the local press or through established Council publications such as the Spelthorne Bulletin.