Change of circumstances

Housing Benefit helps you to pay your rent if you are on a low income. You can claim whether you are in full time work or get social security benefits.The amount of housing benefit you will get depends on:

  • how much money you have coming in
  • your personal circumstances and the amount of rent you have to pay
  • the amount of savings you have (more than £16,000 will normally disqualify you)

Try our benefits calculator to see what help you can get.

If your circumstances change you must notify us immediately (within one calendar month) of any changes in your circumstances which may affect your benefit entitlement. You can use our online form to report your change of circumstances.