As HIA contracted Occupational Therapists, Spelthorne Borough Council will be collecting your data when processing the information you give us about Disabled Facility Grant applicants and clients.

In order to comply with the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation, Spelthorne Borough Council, Council Offices, Knowle Green, Staines-upon-Thames, TW18 1XB must provide HIA contracted Occupational Therapists with the following information about the personal data you give to us:

  • the Council will be collecting your data in order to process Disabled Facility Grants Applications
  • the Council has acquired your data/will be acquiring your data from the Home Improvement Agency, and /or from Surrey County Council Social Services
  • your information may be shared with property owners, tenants potential clients for adaption, contractors, Surrey county council social services and Spelthorne Borough Council's Finance department
  • the information will not be passed on to any other third parties, or be transferred out of the EU
  • the Council will keep your data for a maximum of 10 years after the date of last contact, due to our statutory obligation to hold Disabled Facilities Grant details for this time
  • we will be processing your data under the lawful basis of public task and, if we do not collect this data, we will be unable to process your reports and issue applicants with DFGs

For further information about how the Council uses your personal data, including your rights as a data subject, please see the back of this form. 

If you have any direct enquiries, Spelthorne Borough Council's Data Protection Officer can be contacted at  or write to:

Spelthorne Borough Council's data Protection Officer, Council Offices, Knowle Green, Staines -upon -Thames, TW18 1XB

Further information

You have the following rights:

  • you have the right to be informed via Privacy Notices such as this
  • you have the right to request access to and to receive a copy of any information we hold about you (including in an electronic format) - to request a copy of this information you must make a subject access request in writing,
  • if you find that the information SBC holds about you is no longer accurate, you have the right to ask to have this corrected,
  • you have the right - under certain conditions - to ask us to erase your personal data,
  • you may request that SBC stops processing your personal data in relation to any council service (this may delay or prevent us delivering a service to you, we will seek to comply with your request but may be required to hold or process information to comply with our legal duties)

To exercise any of these rights contact the Data Protection Officer at

You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). This is an independent body responsible for making sure that organisations comply with Data Protection legislation.

The ICO will always expect you to have raised your concerns with us before submitting a complaint.