Spelthorne Council has limited powers to deal with inconsiderate parking. You can report the following parking issues to us:

  • blocked driveways (but if you need immediate action to get out, then report to police by calling 101)
  • parking on a school keep clear area (please note not all sites are enforceable)
  • dropped kerb (crossover) blocking
  • parking on yellow lines (except disabled blue badge holders who are permitted to park)
  • being in a time restricted bay for longer than allowed
  • bus stop parking
  • taxi rank parking by anything other than a registered hackney carriage taxi
  • parking in a loading bay when not loading or delivering

To report a problem please email parkingservices@spelthorne.gov.uk 

Surrey Police

Surrey Police have the power to deal with:

  • a blocked driveway and you need to get out urgently
  • someone blocking the pavement, grass verge or cycle lane (please note not all cycle lanes are enforceable)
  • dangerous parking on a bend or junction

Issues should be reported to Surrey Police by calling 101.

Surrey County Council

If you experience continuous problems with inconsiderate parking you can contact Surrey County Council (SCC) for yellow lines, marked bays or residents only schemes to be introduced.

For more information on this visit parking review process on the SCC website 

Parking near schools

We are aware of the issues surrounding parking near schools in the area and we are working closely with the police and Joint Enforcement Team. We visit schools and work with them on these problems. In some cases it is best to raise issues with the Head Teacher and we can work directly with them.