Appealing a parking ticket

If you have received a PCN but wish to appeal its issue, you can do so within 14 days of the date of your PCN.

You can also appeal by contacting Parking Services. Please ensure you quote the PCN reference number and include a name and address in your correspondence.

Whilst the appeal is being considered, your case will be placed on hold. If your appeal is unsuccessful you will still have the opportunity to pay at the 50% reduced rate for a further 14 days from the date of your 'no cancel' response.

Notice of Owner

If the challenge/appeal is unsuccessful a Notice to Owner will be sent 28 days after the issue of the Penalty Charge, which allows you to make a representation against the issue of the Notice to Owner. If the representation against the issue of the Penalty Charge Notice is unsuccessful a notice of rejection letter will be sent explaining that payment of £50 or £70 is to be paid within 28 days of issue of the Notice To Owner and how to appeal to the Traffic Penalties Tribunal if you disagree with the decision.

The Notice to Owner also explains that if payment has not been received within 28 days of the issue of the Notice to Owner the charge will increase by 50% (£75 or £105) and a Charge Certificate will be sent.

When a Charge Certificate is sent it will explain we will need to receive payment of £75 or £105 within 14 days of the date of issue. If payment is not received the case will be registered as a debt at the Traffic Enforcement Centre at Northampton County Court and an Order For Recovery will be sent.

When an Order for Recovery is sent the charge increases by £5 to (£80 or £110) and will explain that payment is to be received within 21 days of the date of issue or that a Statutory Declaration or Witness Statement (the grounds upon which will be explained on the Order for Recovery) is to be made and sent to the Traffic Enforcement Centre.

If no payment nor notification that a Statutory Declaration/Witness Statement has been made from the Traffic Enforcement Centre the Council will apply for a warrant of execution which means if this is approved the case will be passed to bailiffs for collection of the outstanding debt.

You can pay in full using the payment slip on the Notice to Owner form or by making a payment online.