Community Infrastructure Levy - CIL
What is CIL?
The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) is a levy that local authorities can choose to charge on new development in their area. The money raised can be used to fund a wide range of infrastructure. Further details about CIL can be found in the relevant sections below and on the Planning Portal.
Approval of CIL Charging Schedule
On 18 December 2014 Spelthorne Council approved its CIL Charging Schedule which came into effect on 1 April 2015. Any relevant planning permissions granted on or after this date are liable for the CIL charge.
Accordingly, the Council will require relevant planning applications, including some householder planning applications, to be submitted with all the additional information necessary for the Council to determine the correct level of CIL which will be due.
Please note: Applications submitted without the necessary information will not be validated.
- Essential guide to the CIL process (see link below)
- CIL Calculator (see link below)
- CIL Charging Schedule - December 2014 [454kb]
- CIL Charging Schedule - Notice of Approval [81kb]
- Report under Section 213(3B) of the Planning Act 2008 [9kb]
- CIL Instalment Policy [110kb]
- CIL Regulation 123 list [138kb]
- CIL Implementation Process (see link below)
For further information on CIL please email firstname.lastname@example.org