Spelthorne Borough Council Privacy Notice
For Economic Development Consultation
Spelthorne Borough Council will be collecting/would like to collect data in order to understand the economic conditions and challenges for businesses within the borough. To develop strategies and allocate priorities and resources to respond to the needs of existing businesses as well as residents who wish to set up their own businesses. The Economic Strategy is currently refreshed every year.
In order to comply with the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation, Spelthorne Borough Council must provide you with the following information about the personal data you give to us:
- The Council will use the data provided to
- Reply to any emails, letters or phone calls you make about the Council's Economic Strategy, and/or
- Carry out amendments to the economic Strategy or other economic related activities
We are able to do this under the legislation as it is in the Council's legitimate interest.
- The Council will keep your personal data for a maximum of 6 years after the last contact, or 6 years after data collection whichever is the longer - as detailed in the Council's retention policy. The consultation application will retain your data in line with their retention period. The Council will retain the responses given to retain the integrity of the data used in the formulation of the relevant policies / strategies and inform any future consultation
- If you have any direct enquiries, Spelthorne Borough Council's Data Protection Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the following rights:
- you have the right to be informed via Privacy Notices such as this
- you have the right to request access to and to receive a copy of any information we hold about you (including in an electronic format) - to request a copy of this information you must make a subject access request in writing
- if you find that the information Spelthorne Borough Council holds about you is no longer accurate, you have the right to ask to have this corrected
- you have the right - under certain conditions - to ask us to erase your personal data
- you may request that Spelthorne Borough Council stops processing your personal data in relation to any Council service (this may delay or prevent us delivering a service to you, we will seek to comply with your request but may be required to hold or process information to comply with our legal duties)
To exercise any of these rights contact the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). This is an independent body responsible for making sure that organisations comply with Data Protection legislation.
The ICO will always expect you to have raised your concerns with us before submitting a complaint.