Planning Development Management Privacy Notice
Spelthorne Borough Council will be collecting/would like to collect data for the purpose of carrying out its statutory and non-statutory planning functions.
In order to comply with the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation, Spelthorne Borough Council must provide youwith the following information about the personal data you give to us:
- the Council will use the data provided to process planning applications and planning appeals which are statutory functions under the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 and subsequent amendments and also to process planning enquiries, planning complaints and deal with planning enforcement matters which are non-statutory functions
- the Council will be acquiring your data from the application or enquiry
- your information may be shared with third parties in accordance with the planning functions of Development Management
- the information will not be passed on to any other third parties, or transferred out of the EU
- the Council will keep your data for a maximum of seven years for planning applications, up to three years for other correspondence, up to ten years for planning enforcement complaints and on a permanent basis for planning enforcement cases after data collection and up to seven years from the resolution of any planning appeal, as detailed in the Council's retention policy which can be viewed on the Council's website at www.spelthorne.gov.uk
- we have a statutory and public task requirement to collect this data
- for further information about how the Council uses your personal data, including your rights as a data subject please see below
- if you have any direct enquiries, Spelthorne Borough Council's Data Protection Officer can be contacted at email@example.com
You have the following rights:
- you have the right to be informed via Privacy Notices such as this
- you have the right to request access to and to receive a copy of any information we hold about you (including in an electronic format) - to request a copy of this information you must make a subject access request in writing
- if you find that the information Spelthorne Borough Council holds about you is no longer accurate, you have the right to ask to have this corrected
- you have the right - under certain conditions - to ask us to erase your personal data
- you may request that Spelthorne Borough Council stops processing your personal data in relation to any council service (this may delay or prevent us delivering a service to you, we will seek to comply with your request but may be required to hold or process information to comply with our legal duties)
To exercise any of these rights contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). This is an independent body responsible for making sure that organisations comply with Data Protection legislation.
The ICO will always expect you to have raised your concerns with us before submitting a complaint.