This website uses cookies that are necessary for basic site functionality, and for additional purposes. We will not place additional cookies on your computer without your consent.

Cookies and privacy

We use cookies for basic functionality such as authentication and session identification.

We would like to use cookies to improve your experience by collecting information on how you use our site. Information collected is anonymous.

The Council Offices remain closed to the public. We are continuing to deliver services to the community. Contact us here

Making an application

Full Plans Application

When you apply for a full plans application you will need to submit the full plans application form.

This online form process will enable you to upload your detailed plans and it will also take payment.

A notice of approval will be issued once our building control surveyors have reviewed the plans to make sure they comply with the building regulations. Your builder is then required to notify us at various stages of the work and inspections will be carried out by our building control surveyors. Once the work is complete a final inspection will be made and if the work complies with the building regulations a completion certificate will be issued.

Building Notice Application

You can submit a Building Notice application for minor structural alterations and small additions to residential properties.

A building notice application form should be accompanied by a scaled plan showing the position and size of any extensions together with all relevant structural calculations and details. You will also need to pay a building notice charge.

You will received confirmation that your notice has been accepted but we will not issue a formal notice of approval.

Your builder needs to notify us at various stages of the work and our building control surveyors will carry out inspections. Once completed your builder should request a final inspection. If this is satisfactory a completion certificate will be issued.

If your planned extension goes over or is near to a public sewer we cannot accept a building notice application as detailed plans are required by Thames Water Utilities. A 'full plans' application will be required in this instance.

Making an Application

A Full Plans application or Building Notice can be submitted online.

A Regularisation application can be downloaded and sent with a cheque for the appropriate charge to: Building Control, Council Offices, Knowle Green,

Staines-upon-Thames TW18 1XB or e-mailed to

There is also an option to download the Full Plans application form and Building Notice (if required)


Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page