This website uses cookies that are necessary for basic site functionality, and for additional purposes. We will not place additional cookies on your computer without your consent.

Cookies and privacy

We use cookies for basic functionality such as authentication and session identification.

We would like to use cookies to improve your experience by collecting information on how you use our site. Information collected is anonymous.

The Council Offices remain closed to the public. We are continuing to deliver services to the community. Contact us here

Change of address or circumstances

Apply for change of address

Please refer to the Links section to apply online for change of address or change of circumstances.

You must let us know if:

  • your children leave school, home or stop getting child benefit
  • anyone moves into or out of your home
  • the income of anyone living in your home, including benefit, changes
  • you, or anyone living with you:
    • becomes a student
    • attends a youth training scheme
    • goes into hospital or a nursing home
    • goes into prison
    • changes employment
  • your rent changes
  • you move home
  • you or your partner are going to be away from your home for more than a month
  • you receive any decision from the Home Office
  • anything you have told us about changes

Change in circumstances must be reported to the Benefits section in order to amend your claim and avoid any overpayment or loss of entitlement. Any delay in informing the Benefits section could result in an overpayment which you may have to pay back.

If you already have a claim running you may not need to complete a new form, however, you still need to advise of any change in your circumstances. Please note all changes must be notified in writing and proofs confirming this will need to be provided.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page