This website uses cookies that are necessary for basic site functionality, and for additional purposes. We will not place additional cookies on your computer without your consent.

Cookies and privacy

We use cookies for basic functionality such as authentication and session identification.

We would like to use cookies to improve your experience by collecting information on how you use our site. Information collected is anonymous.

The Council Offices remain closed to the public. We are continuing to deliver services to the community. Contact us here

Licences and permits

Applicants are strongly urged to complete online applications as the default position.  Many Council staff are working from home and post is not being opened as frequently, therefore applications posted to us may not be received or considered promptly. Should you be making a representation to an application please email this to us.  The licensing team can be contacted at

Guidance for Businesses and Customers

As a result of further rising infection rates during the current COVID-19 pandemic, the Government has announced that Spelthorne a long with most of Surrey will be moving into Tier 4: Stay at Home on the 20th December 2020.  These new restrictions will require certain businesses and other venues across England to close for trade. This will last until the government, who review the tier system every fortnight, decide that the Borough is able to move down the Tier system.

Amendment regulations, The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (All Tiers and Obligations of Undertakings) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2020 (SI 2020 No. 1611)

Spelthorne Borough Council monitors compliance with these regulations, with police support if appropriate. Businesses that breach the regulations may be issued with a prohibition notice, and/or may be subject to unlimited fines. As a further measure, if necessary, businesses that fail to comply could also have their alcohol licence revoked.

You can report a business that should be closed here closed

Animal licensing
Approved food premises and public registers
Charitable collections
Gambling Premises Licences
Scrap Metal Dealers Licensing
Sex Establishment Venues
Street trading consents
Taxi and Private Hire licensing

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page