Spelthorne Borough Council are proud to announce the launch of Spelthorne's 2nd prestigious business awards. Recognising our hard working local companies and celebrating their achievements this event will showcase the best of the best - don't miss out!
Are you a Spelthorne business?
Are you proud of what you achieve?
Enter online for a chance to win one of our exciting awards.
Spelthorne Means Business Awards application form
2019 categories - with five new ones added this year.
|Exporter of the Year||Heathrow Airports Limited|
|Creative Business of the Year||Shepperton Studios|
|Best New Start Up||Enterprise Holdings|
|Healthy Business Award||Everyone Active|
|Best Business in Staines upon Thames BID area||Staines upon Thames Business Improvement District (BID)|
Independent Business of the Year
|Spelthorne Business Forum|
|Best Small Business||A2 Dominion|
|Best Business in Staines-upon-Thames and Laleham||Marianne's Community Cafe|
|Best Business in Ashford and Stanwell||The Powerhouse|
|Best Business in Sunbury and Halliford||The Hazelwood the home of London Irish|
|Best Business in Shepperton and Charlton||Brown Bag Crisps|
|Best Corporate Responsibility Business||Worldwide Energy Logistics|
|Overall winner: Best Business in Spelthorne||Spelthorne Borough Council|
Media Sponsors of the Spelthorne Means Business Awards 2019 are The Surrey Advertiser, Village Matters, The TW Magazines, Surrey Chambers of Commerce and The Internet Business Mentor.
Businesses who win awards benefit from a boost to brand awareness, increased credibility in the marketplace, escalating staff morale and a surge in attractiveness to potential employees. What have you got to lose?
Online entry is live until 30 September 2019 and the black tie gala dinner to announce the winners will take place on 17 October at Shepperton Studios.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01784 444223 if you have any questions.
For more information please see our terms and conditions.
- it is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the entrant agrees to abide by these rules
- the decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- businesses entering the above awards must have a trading address in Spelthorne
- businesses in the Start Up category must have been founded since the beginning of January 2018
- to enter the Best Small Business category your business, your business may be a franchise model and as a small business must employ under 49 employees and have an annual turnover of under £10 million, as a micro business employ 10 employees and under
- to enter the Independent Business of the Year category a business must be privately owned and not a limited company and must not trade under a regionally or internationally known brand name
- any business located in Staines upon Thames entering any of the award categories will be considered as a potential entry to the Best Business in Staines upon Thames category even if it has not specifically entered for that award
- entries received after 30 September 2019 will not be considered
- sponsors are not permitted to enter the awards
- finalists must ensure that a representative of their business is available to attend the Awards' Evening at Shepperton Studios on 17 October 2019
- all entrants will be advised if they have got through to the final by 7 October 2019
- there is no charge for entering the awards but tickets to the black tie awards' dinner are £45 per person
- no refunds will be available for awards' ceremony tickets
- all entries must be submitted online via the Spelthorne Borough Council website. No liability for entries lost or delayed will be accepted. You will receive confirmation of receipt of your application by email. If you do not receive this within two weeks of entry please contact us
- businesses can be a sole trader, a private or public limited company, a partnership or limited liability partnership, a business unit within a company or a not-for-profit organisation
- the organisers reserve the right to withdraw an award from any applicant found to be supplying false information within their entry
- there is no restriction on the number of categories a business can enter. For multiple entries each category must be entered separately
- third parties can nominate and make applications on behalf of businesses so long as the application is completed fully and accurately and the business nominated is aware of the entry and has corroborated the content in the application form
- the detailed content uploaded by entrants as part of their entry into the awards will only be shared with the organisation judging the category which they are entering. Responsibility within the scope of these conditions cannot be accepted for any failure of confidentiality. Entrants will be expected to protect those aspects of their business that may be patentable, registerable or otherwise secret and governed by intellectual property, copyright or similar legislation. The organisers reserve the right to publicise the results of the competition and use winning entries in press releases and publicised case histories. It is a condition of entry that participants will co-operate with the media